About the General Conference Ministerial Association
The Ministerial Association of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists exists to serve Jesus Christ and His global church by ministering to pastors, pastors’ families, local church leaders, administrators, departmental directors and ministerial association Secretaries.
Statement of Purposes
The Association affirms the importance of the local church in the completion of Christ’s commission. To assist pastors in fulfilling this task, the Association serves them in the following areas:
- Spiritual Growth—Mentoring pastors and nurturing deep and vibrant relationships with God. Enabling pastors to mentor members in their greatest need—a revival of true godliness among us.
- Proclamation—Motivating, equipping, and resourcing pastors to proclaim the Word of God to the church and to the world, presenting Jesus as Savior and Lord to all people, regardless of race, gender, nationality, tribe, or economic status.
- Personal Development—Encouraging positive growth in the personal lives of pastors and their families. Advocating a balanced use of time so pastors can be well-rounded while improving their talents and relationships.
- Professional Growth—Promoting the professional growth of pastors in the study and practice of ministry, representing their interests at the General Conference, and enhancing the image of pastoral ministry so as to attract qualified persons and keep them in their ministries.
- Church Growth—Enabling pastors to nurture their congregations and embrace the priesthood of all believers, engaging every member in ministries so that our churches may be centers of loving concern, dynamic evangelism, and the presence of the living Lord.
To Pastors' Families:
The Association recognizes that ministry is not simply the concern of the pastor alone. The pastor’s spouse and children are involved in and affected by the person and the practice of the ministry.
Therefore, the Association encourages the fulfillment of a family ministry and provides necessary support and resources to spouses who choose to serve as paraprofessionals in team ministry.
To Local Church Leaders:
The Association recognizes the biblical role of the local church elders, company directors, deacons, and deaconesses—particularly in view of the ever-increasing demands on the church pastor and the need for laity involvement in the governance and ministry of the congregation. Therefore, the Association aims to nurture, train, motivate, and equip these local church leaders in their roles as they serve their congregations and assist pastors in soul winning.
To Ministerial Secretaries:
The General Conference Ministerial Association functions through the division Ministerial Secretaries and, with them, serves ministerial leaders at other levels. The Association provides training and resources as needed and as possible to help Ministerial Secretaries fulfill their role as:
- Pastor’s pastor—Caring for the wholistic needs of pastors and their families and representing their interests at the appropriate administrative level.
- Coordinator of church growth and evangelism in their areas of service.